Monday, March 29, 2010

Teaching at the Loft


On Saturday, April 10, I will be teaching my first class for the Loft Literary Center at Open Book in downtown Minneapolis. I'm really looking forward to it. It's a one-day workshop called The Nuts and Bolts of Writing for Children. The class is geared for beginning children's writers and anyone interested in learning about writing for children.

This workshop is not a craft class. In other words, we will not be discussing plot, setting and characters. We will be discussing basically everything else. We will tackle the big, important questions (and the little ones too) about the business of writing for kids. This will include everything from the different categories of children's books to finding a publisher to writing a cover letter.

If you, or anyone you know, might be interested in learning more about the nuts and bolts of writing for children, there's still time to sign up.

You can call the Loft at 612-379-8999 or register online.

Here is a link to the class description: http://www.loft.org/classes/adult-classes/childrens-and-young-adult-literature page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypageLoft.tpl&product_id=57&category_id=10

The workshop should be a lot of fun. And I'll have some cool giveaways!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun and good luck. I look forwarding hearing how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The workshop this weekend went very well! I had 31 people show up on a sunny Saturday. I'm very happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI there! I missed your class and would love to find out when you will be offering it again. Please write me at danielle_pal@hotmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete