Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Children's Writer Gal Launches


Welcome to my blog about the craft and business of writing for children. Here I will give tips and information that are useful for anyone writing (or thinking about writing) for children.

First a little more about me:

I'm the author of three books for children.
Muriel's Red Sweater (Dutton Children's Books, 2009)
Saving Shadow (Picture Window Books, 2009)
Remembering Mama (Augsburg Press, 2005)

I'm a former English and drama teacher. Now I teach and speak about Writing for Children. I'm also a bookseller and children's book buyer for Micawber's Books, a great, independent bookstore in St. Paul, Minnesota.

I would be thrilled if you join in the conversation. If you have a question, I'll try to figure out the answer. We'll talk about manuscripts, types of children's books, editors, agents, and much more. Thanks for stopping by!

Where else can you find me on the web?
My children's author website: http://www.daradokas.com
My blog about working at an independent bookstore: http://bookshopgal.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Happy Launch, Dara! I'm looking forward to stopping by when I do my blog grazing. I know you will have some great info to chew on...
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Connie! I'm excited to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete